Instagram

Sadhana Kitchen

Sadhana Kitchen a.k.a my version of heaven

Okay let me begin by hereby declaring that neither words nor pictures can do justice to the incredible culinary experience that is Sadhana Kitchen. That being said, I will do my best, as I believe everyone should be encouraged to share in this delicious experience at least once (AT LEAST, more preferably, 1000000 times) in their lives.




Picture this. You and your friend (in my case, Maddie) are powerwalking down a busy main street in Enmore, Sydney. Powerwalking, you may ask? Why, to get as quickly as humanly possible to your destination! The rain is pelting down, your hair is getting soaked, but nothing can mar the growing sense of giddiness you have as you get closer and closer. You finally stop, push open the door and a gazillion different delicious scents hit you as you step inside. You have arrived. Sadhana Kitchen.

I will not lie to you, the food I had here was some of the best tasting stuff I have ever eaten. Maddie and I decided to go all out (the only way, of course), the result being that our entire meal couldn't fit on the table and we had to do some thrifty rearranging. As self-confessed chai addicts, we were both instantly compelled to begin with one of the winter drink specials - the choc-chai latte on almond mylk. At the first sip, I wanted to bribe the lovely lady who made it to come live with me. It was amazingly frothy, and the balance of flavours was perfection. It was just chocolate-y enough to be decadent yet not over the top, and the warming chai spices were insanely good (especially on such a rainy day). This set my expectations for the rest of the meal at a ridiculously high level, and I'm very happy to say I was not disappointed.

I ordered the 'Superfood Bowl' as my main, while Mads opted for the french toast. This contained an abundance of delightful goodies - pesto zoodles, smoked paprika hummus (i've had dreams about this since), brazil nut cheddar, sauerkraut, fresh veggies and assorted seeds. With each forkful, there was a new flavour combination - each as exciting and incredible as the next. I loved the fact that each component was amazing on its own, yet when paired with another from the dish, also went perfectly!

Next up was the star of the show (in my humble opinion) - the white chocolate, salted caramel Banoffee pie. Words literally cannot do this justice. The only way to truly appreciate this creation is to get your butt down to Sadhana and try it, you will not regret it I promise! The layers were all so smooth, and light, and the flavours went together perfectly. I'm not a huge white chocolate fan, but that layer wasn't too rich and actually balanced well with the sweetness of the banana layer and the salted flavour of the caramel. The base was light and crumbly in texture, which offset the rest of the slice nicely. There were fresh banana slices hiding in one of the layers which were also a nice textural surprise. This pie was so moreish, I could probably have just sat there until my food baby died down and order several more slices but sadly I had to refrain. That being noted, I've since had this cake twice at Sadhana and the taste experience just keeps getting better and better!

Anyway, I'm guessing you got the gist from this post but just in case you didn't... to summarise, your life is not complete until you've visited Sadhana Kitchen in Enmore. If you're on the hunt for delicious food, friendly service and an amazing atmosphere (let's be honest, who isn't?!) then this is your go-to place! I hope you enjoy the experience as much as I do every time I go here.

Samara xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment